Residents are encouraged to recycle their grass clippings and yard debris by using it as mulch or compost material. Grass clippings are healthy for the yard as well as a good recycling technique.
The City will collect grass clippings, garden weeds, leaves, prunings, small amounts of brush, etc. if placed within the City-provided refuse container. As an additional service to our residents, the following options are available for periodic, excessive yard debris that may not fit into the city provided container:
- Residents of Centerville may request a Special Waste Pick-up for additional trash that does not fit in their City Container. The charge for that service is $35 for the first 30 minutes of loading and $15 per each additional 15 minutes. Those collections are typically scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Residents schedule a Special Waste Pick-up by contacting the Public Works Department at (937) 428-4782.
- Items for collection must be placed curbside out of the road. All household trash or loose debris must be either bagged or containerized. Containers used will not be taken unless clearly marked they are to be discarded.
- Carpet can be no more than 4' in length and 10" in diameter.
- Mattresses and box springs must be sealed in plastic.
- Pieces of brush can be no longer than 8' in length and no wider than 10" in diameter.
- Not accepted: large amounts of building materials, wood with nails, automobile parts, tires, firewood, concrete bricks, dirt or hazardous materials
- Tree branches, limbs, and other “woody” yard debris may be brought to the Public Works Center, 7970 S. Suburban Drive on Wednesdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and every third Saturday of the month between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Tree branches and limbs must be less than 10” in diameter and less than 8’ in length and do not need to be tied or bundled. Grass clippings, ornamental grasses and leaves are not accepted. This is a free service. Residents are required to show proof of residency.
- Yard debris may be taken to the Montgomery County south transfer station located at 1001 Encrete Lane in Moraine during normal operating hours, which includes Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Call (937) 225-4999 or visit www.mcswd.org for additional information, including applicable fees.