The mission of the Centerville Planning Department is to prepare, maintain, and enforce the City’s land use regulations to protect the public health, safety and general welfare, and also provide for and guide the physical growth and development of the City.
- Provide research, analysis, preparation, and recommendation of all land use legislation pending before the City Council.
- Provide support to the Centerville Planning Commission, Board of Architectural Review (BAR) and other land use boards or task forces created by the City Council.
- Provide residents and the general public with assistance regarding planning, zoning and subdivision questions.
- Implement the combined City of Centerville and Washington Township comprehensive plan, Create the Vision.
- Evaluate and report upon community statistics and trends in land use theory and practice.
- Prepare and maintain various maps for the City including the Street Map, Address Map, and Zoning Map.
- Implement the Centerville's School Travel Plan in association with Centerville City Schools.
Centerville Municipal Building
100 W. Spring Valley Rd.
Centerville OH 45458
Open Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM
Mark Yandrick, City Planner
Brochures & Guides
Below are brochures with general rules and guidelines for fences, accessory structures, temporary signs, and new business occupancy in the City of Centerville. Please refer to these prior to starting a project:
- Unified Development Ordinance - adopted to protect and promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of the community. (NOTE: The document utilizes bookmarks for easy navigation.)
- Fence Brochure
- Accessory Structures (sheds, garages, decks, pools, etc.)
- Temporary Signs
- New Business Occupancy
- Other Documents and Publications
Below is an application and reference guide to be licensed as a Mobile Food Vendor in the City of Centerville:
Below is a dynamic mapping application with the Parcel ID number and zoning district for each City parcel.