Effective January 1, 2017, Centerville's income tax is 2.25 percent.
Centerville residents are permitted credit up to 2.25% on the wages taxed in another city.
Prior to 2017, the City's income tax rate was 1.75 percent, with credit permitted to Centerville residents up to 1.75% on the wages taxed in another city.
The earnings tax provides for many of the City’s services and major improvements.
- Tax returns are due on April 15th.
- It is no longer necessary to file a copy of the Federal Extension by the original due date of the return to extend the time to file the Centerville income tax return; however, a copy of the Federal Extension MUST be provided when filing the extended return.
- An extension only extends the time for filing, any tax liability is still due by April 15th.
- Every person who anticipates a net tax liability of at least $200 is required under Ohio law to make estimated tax payments so that a minimum of 90% of your tax liability is paid by January 15th.
- These payments are due April 15th, June 15th, September 15th and January15th.
- Click here to pay online
Online Tax Preparation Tool
The City of Centerville offers an online tax calculation tool for local income taxes. This is an easy tool to calculate and prepare your City tax return for filing with the tax office. At this time, we are not able to offer electronic filing (that is, you must submit paper documents after using the on-line tool). After completing the process using the tax preparation tool, please print the tax return, attach your W-2’s and any supporting federal schedules, and submit to the City for filing. You will need your social security number to get started and then you will assign your own PIN.
Please contact the Income Tax Department with questions.
Tax Department staff will prepare your Centerville tax return in the office, at no charge, and will also be happy to assist you on the telephone. Download tax forms.
Other Income Tax Links
- Internal Revenue Service
- Ohio Department of Taxation
- Tax Forms and Documents
- Income Tax Frequently Asked Questions.
Income Tax Division
100 W. Spring Valley Road
Centerville, Ohio 45458
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Emily Bair, Superintendent of Taxation