- Date founded: 1796
- Date Incorporated as a City: 1968
- Population (2017 Census): 23,787
- Median age: 48.1
- Persons under 18: 4,971
- Persons over 65: 6,565
- Number of households: 10,442
- Median family income: (2017) $71,026
- Size: 11 sq. mi.
- Roads in use: 111.6 mi.
Major Employers and Number of Employees
- Centerville City School District - 1,900
- Graceworks Bethany Lutheran Village - 930
- MVHS Campus- 1500
- Franciscan at St. Leonard - 625
- City of Centerville - 250
- Kroger Marketplace - 600
Other Major Employers
- Heartland Employment
- Voss Auto
- Bob Ross Buick
- Fortis College
Cost of Doing Business
City Income Tax
The City income tax is 2.25 percent of gross wages of individuals and net profits of business.
Property tax rates vary between counties, school districts, and townships. The city’s property tax rate is 2.35 mills. For every $1,000 dollars of assessed property valuation, $2.35 is levied.
State and County Sales Tax
A 7.0 percent sales tax is imposed on all taxable purchases in Montgomery County and a 6.5 percent sales tax is charged in Greene County.