|Planning Division Mission Statement:
The primary responsibility of the Centerville Planning Division is the preparation and maintenance of the City’s land use regulations to protect the public health, safety and general welfare and also provide for and guide the physical growth and development of the City.
Andrew E. Rodney, AICP
Division Responsibilities Include:
- Provide research, analysis, preparation, and recommendation of all land use legislation pending before the City Council including the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map, Landmark Preservation Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations.
- Provide residents and the general public with assistance regarding planning, zoning and subdivision issues.
- Provide staff assistance and support to the Centerville Planning Commission, Board of Architectural Review (BAR) and other land use board or task force created by the City Council.
- Implement Create the Vision, the City's Comprehensive Plan.
- Evaluate and report upon U. S. Census statistics and forecast population and housing trends.
- Prepare and maintain various maps for the City including the Street Map, Address Map, and Land Use Map.
- Maintain and implement Centerville's School Travel Plan under the Safe Routes to School program.
Below are brochures with general rules and guidelines for fences, accessory structures, temporary signs, and new business occupancy in the City of Centerville. Please refer to these prior to starting a project:
- Accessory Structures (sheds, garages, decks, pools, etc.)
- Temporary Signs
- New Business Occupancy
Below is an application and reference guide to be licensed as a Mobile Food Vendor in the City of Centerville: